HandSkills’ Service and Client Services Data
Registered customers of the Service (“Clients”) use it to collect information about how their own users use Client websites, applications, services (“Client Services”) and related third-party applications (“Client Services Data”). Clients also use the Service to more efficiently route Client Services Data to their own third party applications/services and control how their own third party applications/services exchange Client Services Data.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
Personal information that you may provide through the Service or otherwise communicate with us includes:
- Identity information, such as your first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Profile information, such as your username and password, interests, and preferences;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you respond to surveys, participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Payment information, such as your credit card or other payment card details as described in the HandSkills Market;
- Transaction information, such details about purchases you make through the Service and billing details;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us; and
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
Information we get from others
We may obtain additional information about you from third party sources, such as APIHub, Inc., to enrich your experience with the Service and provide you with more relevant information in the Service.
Information automatically collected
Our servers may automatically record certain information about how you use the Service, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of the Service that you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which you use the Service, search terms, the links that you click on or use, and other statistics. We collect this information in server logs and by using cookies and similar tracking technologies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and deliver advertising.
Sensitive personal information
Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection:
To provide the Service
If you have a HandSkills account, we use your personal information:
- to operate, maintain, administer and improve the Service;
- to manage and communicate with you regarding your Service account if you have one, including by sending you Service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to process payments you make through the Service
- to better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- to respond to your Service-related requests, questions and feedback.
To send you marketing communications
If you request information from us, use the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you HandSkills-related marketing communications as permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
To deliver you advertising
We and our partners may serve you ads in the Service or third party sites, including to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history.
Additional Information for European Union Users
Controller, Data Protection Officer and EU Representative
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information out of the European Economic Area or Switzerland and are required to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under European data protection legislation, we will do so. Such safeguards may include applying the European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries, or for transfers to third parties in the United States, ensuring they participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
If you have any questions or see anywhere we can improve our documentation, please kick off a conversation in the From!